Drug Rehabilitation Services in Milford, OH (203) 713-2573
Drug addiction is a nationwide problem and no state, city, or community is immune to its effects. Milford is no exception to this rule. However, this also means that if you are suffering from a drug addiction or substance abuse problem, you are not alone. The treatment programs available through Milford Drug Rehab Centers can help you or your loved one get their life back on track.
To find out more about the benefits of drug rehab and how the experts at Drug Treatment Centers Milford can help, call (203) 713-2573 today.
What Is An Addiction?
An addiction is a chronic and progressive condition or disorder. This means that the condition is continuous and lasts for a prolonged period of time (chronic) and that the condition becomes worse or more severe over that prolonged period of time (progressive).
Addiction is a condition that involves physical, psychological, emotional, and social aspects and is characterized by compulsive, repeated behaviors. In the case of drug or alcohol dependence, this means that the individual is unable to stop using the substance and develops a physical, chemical dependency.
Signs and Symptoms of Drug Addiction
When a person develops an addiction to a drug, their behavior, demeanor, and even physical health begin to change. The signs of addiction are apparent to people around them, and the symptoms are the aspects that they addict alone can notice.
- Trouble at work or school
- Sudden changes in peer or social group
- Disinterest in activities, family, or friends
- Rapid, unexplained weight loss
- Financial troubles
- Legal troubles
- Mood swings
- Aggression or anger
- Anxiousness and restlessness
- Loss of appetite
- Inability to stop using drug even when want or need to do so
- Heart palpitations (arrhythmias)
- Obsession/Preoccupation with drug access and use
- Trouble concentrating
- Memory struggles and difficulties
Drug Rehab Options and Treatments
When it comes to treating drug dependence, rehab is the best place to get detoxification and therapy treatment. Rehab is a residential treatment program that allows recovering addicts to stay in the treatment center for several weeks to focus solely on their recovery and learn how to stay sober once back in the real world.
The alternative option to residential treatment is outpatient treatment in which a recovering addict remains at home and undergoes treatment between one and three times a week.
Some of the treatment options and types available in drug rehab and in both residential and outpatient recovery scenarios include:
- Cognitive/behavioral therapies focus upon the causes that underlie the development of an addiction (thoughts, feelings, and behaviors). The idea is to determine those problem thoughts, emotions, and behaviors and to address them through behavioral management and developing coping mechanisms.
- SMART recovery (self-management and recovery training) is a treatment plan that focuses on the recovering addict’s motivation to recover as well as developing positive behavioral and thought patterns to replace and eradicate those negative and problematic patterns that caused a person to become addicted to a drug in the first place.
- Motivational interviewing therapies involve placing the recovering addict in charge of their recovery by making their therapists allies in their addiction treatments rather than the leader or authority figure. The recovering addict is guided to become self-motivated and self-sufficient in their recovery.
- Individual and group therapy sessions are most common in motivational interviewing as the therapist asks guiding questions and provides the necessary encouragement to help recovering addicts to get from one point to another in recovery. The more self-sufficient and independent the recovering addict feels, the more they will be motivated to succeed when they complete their initial treatments.
Drug addiction is not an impossible problem to solve. All you need to do is contact Drug Treatment Centers Milford at (203) 713-2573 and get signed up for drug rehab as soon as possible.
Most Major Insurances Accepted
We make the insurance verification process easy so you can begin the journey to recovery quickly and safe. 100% Confidential